Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stuffy Stuff

This past weekend was pretty uneventful. On Sunday, Bryan and I went to church, Wendy's, then came home and watched football and some movies. After the movie, we went for our daily walk. Every morning, we go for a walk on a trail that goes around base housing. It is about a two and a half mile walk starting and ending at our house. Hopefully walking like this will help later on with getting little Garret to come out sooner.

Last Thursday, Bryan and I had our last child birth prep class. The week before, we got to see the labor and delivery rooms and the post-partum rooms. This hospital is very old fashioned. The labor and delivery rooms have two beds in them, so hopefully there aren't a bunch of women giving birth the day I do! They also don't have tubs in the labor and delivery room but they have a jacuzzi tub for after you give birth. This does not make any sense to me!

I went yesterday for my epidural consultation. I wasn't going to but when my doctor asked if I had yet and I told her I didn't think I was going to, she told me that she wanted me to anyway. She said that it is just for safety precautions and that if I ha to have an emergancy c-section or something, that it would be dangerous for them to give me one without knowing my medical history or anything about me. So they have a paper on file at the hospital now just in case.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yeah, the interesting thing about her reasoning is that for an emergency c-section, they aren't going to take the time to give you an epidural. They'll just put the gas mask on you. If there's enough time to give you an epidural than it's not an emergency and you have time to do the paper work then. Just sayin......