Friday, September 19, 2008

Bryan's birthday and other stuff!

Bryan's birthday was quite a fun day. We were just going to hang out at home and order pizza and just hang out, but our friends wanted to go out to a Japanese Steakhouse with us before they left (he deployed to Iraq yesterday and she went home). Anyway, it was amazing. There is a big grill type thing with a table and eight chairs around it. The chef cooks everything in front of you. He does different tricks and stuff with the cooking tools and also flicks things to see if you can catch it in your mouth. They make it a pretty fun experience. While the chef was making our food, a gentleman comes up and sits next to Bryan. I didn't hear what he was saying because I was talking to Liz. After the man leaves Bryan told me that he paid for ours and our friends' meals. When we left the restaurant, he told us what the man said. He basically told Bryan that he could tell that he and our friend Jason were in the military and he was thankful for them serving and that he heard it was Bryan's birthday. Liz, Jason and I didn't get a chance to thank the gentleman and Bryan guessed that he didn't want a lot of attention. One day when we are able to, I want to be able to do that for someone.

While we were still eating dinner, our chef asked if we were out celebrating anything. Liz and I pointed out that it was Bryan's birthday. Later on after dinner, the staff came out with a drum. They said that they were going to sing him a song and he had to stand up on his chair and if he danced, he would get a year of good luck. He ended up dancing and what a sight it was...lol!!

After we left the restaurant, we decided to go putt-putting. for old times sake. I could definitely tell that I am getting a lot bigger because I had to have someone get my ball out of the hole every time because I couldn't bend over.

My sister got into a car accident. Thank goodness she is ok! They were coming up towards the railroad tracks on Maish I think, and a lady slammed on her brakes. It turns out that a kid on a moped was trying to turn left and the lady didn't see him. Meghan says that she didn't see any brakes lights on the lady's car but no one checked. Anyway, her air bag ended up deploying and her car is undriveable. My step-dad is flying out here on Sunday to come get the van because they are now out a vehicle. Thank goodness Meghan and Chelsea are both ok.

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Man, what is it with you guys, & others paying for your dinner?! What's that, like twice now?? Haha..that is awesome!! :) :)

I miss Bryan..especially his sweet dance moves. ;)

Wow..I am so glad that the girls are o.k.!! Praise God!! :)

Miss & love you!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, that sounds fun!!! =D I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!! =D

Glad to hear the update on meghan...Kristi told me about it today when it came across the scanner and I saw meghan's car being towed away going by DQ but didn't know how she was doing!

I really like how you wrote your blog in orange!! It makes me happy.

Can't wait to see your baby belly! =D

LOVE YOU