Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random!

I realized that I didn't blog after our first child birth preparation class like I said I would. Overall the class went really well. There were about ten or eleven of us prego ladies with their partners. Some of them had a friend or mother with them due to their husband being in boot camp or deployed. The first thing we learned about was the basic stuff, how the baby is positioned, what happens during labor, etc. A couple of the women had a ton of questions about everything. I guess it is a good thing because some of them questions were great. Bryan even asked a question but I can't even remember what it was..lol! One of the girls I got to talking to, is due the 17th of this month. She may not even make it to the last class.



The next thing we did was practice imagery. The instructor had us lye on a mat with the lights off and some soothing music on. She told us to picture a place that would relax us (i.e. the beach). She told us to concentrate on what we hear, smell and see. We were instructed to take deep breaths and just focus on relaxing. The music really did help me relax and helped paint a better picture of my relaxing place. All of us almost fell asleep, including the partners.



This week, we are supposed to watch a child birth video and learn more about the different stages of labor. Next week, we are taking a tour of the labor and delivery ward, and the last week, we are going to go over some things that we didn't get to and some basic baby care.



Change of subject, Bryan and I finally put the crib and changing table up a couple of weeks ago. We also bought some Safari wall stickers which Bryan put up. Last week, I washed all of his newborn and 0-3 months clothes and all of his bedding, blankets, burp cloths, bibs, etc. I know that I still have ten weeks to go, if it takes that long, but I really felt like I needed to get that stuff done. I still find myself every time I go to Wal-Mart, migrating towards the baby stuff looking for anything we don't have. Which reminds me that Bryan and I bought a stroller over the weekend on craigslist.com for only $40. It is a jogging stroller which I know maneuvers much better than a regular one. It also leans back for newborns!



Here is a pic of the bedding and the crib. You might not be able to see it that well but here it goes! There is still a queen mattress in his room for guests, but as soon as we aren't expecting any more guests, it will be moved to the garage.

I am going to make an appointment with the anaesthesiologist, in case I do decide to get the epidural. I have pretty much decided that I want to go all natural with out any medication, but I want to have it as a back up in case I don't handle the pain very well.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Cool picture!

You can do it Britney! Just remember....God designed your body to give birth!

Anonymous said...

Your cute!! =D

YAY for setting things up and getting things washed. I'm sure you feel more ready now and I'm sure your anxious so washing it probably felt good!! =D

I hope I get to see you guys next month. =/

I like the new layout...it's cute!

Chelsey said...

Aw..you guys are too cute.:) How adorable. :) :) I am so excited for you two, but I still can't believe it!! Many blessings as you continue the countdown. :) :)

Kristi said...

Crib looks AWESOME!!! I was so happy to have it used again :) Love you and thinking of you all :)

Jen said...

The first three were natural, and all was well. I gave in with Evan and had an epidural, and all was NOT well. My water had broke, but I really wasn't contracting, so they tried to speed it up. Well, speed it up they did! My contractions were 2 minutes apart (or less), but I was staying at only 3 centimeters; I caved in and said "yes." A VERY, VERY, VERY bad experience. I won't bore you with all the details; I'll sum it up by saying she accidentally hit my spinal fluid (not a good thing). Try to stay strong; you can do it!

daisygirl said...

I know you can do it! Remember, when you hit the point where you feel like you can't do it, you're almost there!

The crib and everything looks awesome! I know how much feeling prepared helps feel like you're "doing" something. We're praying for you guys!