Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I know, I know!

I know that I haven't been a very good blogger these past few months. I don't even think to get on here when I am surfing' the net.

There hasn't been anything really significant that has happened. Last week our friends stayed at our house with us for a few days. They had to move out of base housing because he is deploying to Iraq in a few weeks and she is going back to Ohio to be with family. It was weird having to share the house with people and waking up with people in the house.
We took Roxy on her first trip to the beach yesterday. Here are a few pics.
This is Roxy peeking over the seats. It was her first ride in our new SUV.



She loved walking on the sand, chasing birds and trying to get attention from all the other people on the beach. When we took her down towards the Ocean and the tide came up to her, she ran away from it. I think she was a bit intimidated by the waves. One time, we went towards the water and didn't get away in time. She ended up getting soaked, which she didn't like a bit. By the time we left the beach, she was all sandy and wet. I could tell we wore her out a bit because after we got home and gave her a bath, she plopped down and went to sleep.
In other news, I went for my blood sugar test for pregnancy diabetes. I was the only one out of three patients that day to pass. My next appointment is on the 8th. I will have a different doctor, which I am not looking forward to. On Thursday, Bryan and I start a child birth class at the hospital where I will deliver in November. I have also been reading about the Bradley Method in a book that Kim let me borrow.
That's all the news for now. Hopefully I will blog before then but if I don't, I will tell you how the class goes on Thursday!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Ah the beach....hmmm....maybe I need to come visit!! Love the pics, have a great time at class.

Anonymous said...

YAY for an update! Love the pics!