Monday, March 17, 2008

Blah

This past weekend was pretty uneventful. But before I get to that, I went to the Naval Clinic on Wednesday to take their pregnancy test. They called me about two or three hours later to tell me that I was. At this point Bryan and I were at the vet getting Roxy's shots and ear mites taken care of. I made an appointment for Friday to talk to someone about referring me to an ob/gyn in New Bern.

When we got the Womens Clinic, the lady called Bryan and I into her office. Shed gave us a diaper bag filled with books and samples. She told us where I would go for my first appointment, where I would go for my following appointments and where I would be giving birth. I have to got to my first appointment in New Bern and the following appointments will be here in Havelock. There is about a months wait to get an appointment due to the fact that they are getting our overflow and their own patients. The Naval Clinic no longer takes ob/gyn patients. My first appointment is on April 2nd and at that point they will only be doing blood-work and paper-work. I probably won't get an appointment after that until probably late May or early June.

Well, this past weekend was pretty uneventful. On Friday, Bryan went to the Bible Study as he usually does. After he got home, we watched a movie, then went to bed. On Saturday we drove to Jacksonville, which is about forty-five minutes away, to go to the mall and grab something to eat. While at the mall, there were many shirts and pairs of jeans that I wanted that I couldn't get due to the fact that they won't be able to fit me pretty soon. Before I got pregnant, I was wanting to get a few more shirts and a couple of pairs of jeans because all of my old jeans are really big and fall off of me and I am kind of lacking in the shirt department. Now I have to wait until I am big enough for maternity clothes. Oh well, I am very excited to be pregnant.

Saturday while we were at the mall, Bryan got a call from one of his co-workers saying that all of the Marines from the shop were going to Outback for dinner and then to a bar called Sin City. Well Bryan ended up going that night to Outback. After he got there, they asked him where I was. He said that when he talked to the guy that called him, he thought that it was only the Marines from their shop and that family wasn't invited. He ended up calling me to see if I wanted to go. I said " No, I just ate, and I looked like crap!" I also didn't want to drive there by myself because I would probably have gotten lost.

Yesterday was very uneventful. I cleaned the house while Bryan was at work, then when he got home he called his mom, then we went to Wal-Mart for our friend Rachel to get dog food, cat litter, and diapers for her dog that just went into heat. She was having really bad back pain and probably wouldn't have been able to pick up the bags!



2 comments:

daisygirl said...

:) Nice updates :) The appointments in the beginning seem to take forever to go from one to the other and it sets the tone of being pregnant, especially with the first. You're so excited, but what gets ya with a pregnancy is that it becomes life and it's not just an event at the beginning. It seems to take forever and then at the end you can't believe it went so fast :)
Feel free to call me this Sat. as Derin will be sleeping all day recovering from a youth lock in the night before! I'll just be cleaning all day :)

Jen said...

Congrats on the pregnancy :)

I'm tagging you for a memoir...see my page for details!