Thursday, November 15, 2007

Finally.....NO BRACES!!

Guess What?????? I finally got my braces off yesterday! Yay....Now I won't have to worry about flying home or finding an orthodontist in North Carolina. Anywho...Bryan and I are moving in 7 and a half days. It seems like I only picked him up from the airport yesterday! We have gotten a ton of things done since he has been home. Bryan called MCAS Cherry Point to ask about housing last week and the lady he talked to told us it would be about a one to three month wait for base housing. She told us to go ahead and apply for base housing, that way we will be on the list. Today, we took care of the car insurance. Bryan had an appointment with State Farm today and he obviously liked what the rates would be because we got it.

Today, Bryan and I went to the Marine Corps Recruit Station in Kokomo to get a sheet stamped from when he did Recruiter's Assistant during Christmas leave. The Marine who took over SSgt Carter, asked me if I went to Frankfort High School since Bryan told them we were from Frankfort. I told him that I did and that I just graduated last May! He said " You probably know Jack Bower, he is home now on Boot Leave." I told him that I did know him and that he was one of my good friends. When we got home, we called Jack and asked if it would be ok if we stopped by to see him or if he would come by. He said that he would be really happy to. I am so excited to see him seeing as how the last time I saw him was at our wedding. I wrote to hime while he was at bootcamp twice but he only responded once.

I also got a message on myspace from one of Bryan's friend Schuck's wife. I got to know her on my many trips to Pensacola. I believe they are now in California. Anyway... She told me that she and Craig are getting stationed at MCAS New River, which is only an hour south of where we will be. They won't be there until about January though. It will be awesome to be able to get together with them every once in awhile!

I will keep updating!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*That's aweSome, sounds like everything is working out right now! Those are some aweSome surprises!! =)* Love you tonZ

Kim said...

Now you'll just need to get a picture up! Or maybe just tell Karyn to do it.
Base housing sounds great! Now you'll only need a short term lease somewhere instead of a whole year!