Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Been Awhile!

It has been forever since I last blogged; believe me, I know! My baby is already six months old and growing like a weed. At his six month appointment on the 18th, Garret weighed in at 15lbs 10oz and 25 1/2 in long. He is now starting to eat baby food. So far we have given him rice cereal, which he doesn't like, and green beans, which he loves.

Garret is also really interactive nowadays. He is studying everything around him. He loves the outdoors so we take any opportunity we can get to go outside! He is also sitting up all by himself and rolling over all the time (still not crawling though)!

Nothing has really changed around here in awhile. Bryan's shop had a new guy check-in in January and it didnt take long before he and Bryan and his wife and I all became good friends! She is 30 wks preggo with her first, a little boy, so next year Garret will have a playmate!

We just got back home on Wednesday from our yearly vacation at the beach with my step-mom's famly. We had fun and enjoyed the time away f\but we are glad to be back to routine!

I have finally gotten into the routine of going for a two mile walk every morning and I have lost six pounds so far! I am very excited about losing all this baby weight and Garret loves being in the stroller looking at everything!

Garret is in his exersaucer watching the "Your baby Can Read Starter DVD." I have heard and seen many stories about how this video can help your baby to read. I was watching a home video on it and there was an eight month old reading the word "belly button" on the card and pointing to her bell button. You show the starter dvd to you baby everyday for a month then you move on to volume one. I am looking forward to seeing if it works for him.

That's all for now. I promise to not take so long to blog next time!

Have a wonderful and blessed day!



3 comments:

Kim said...

Yea for Britney! Glad you had a great time at the coast! I can't believe that Garret is so old now. It's definitely time for us to visit :-)

Jen said...

I saw those DVD's on TV...yes, it was quite impressive seeing the "babies" "read!" It will be interesting to Garret's results.

thecolonelswife said...

so did the DVD's work? i'm curious about them. Christa - friend of the Burrells